for qualities Bioweedstop 130-157-200
Free the surface of all plants, weeds and trees. Do not install biomats on concrete, cement or very alkali underground (pH>12).
Flatten surface. Take away stones or any sharp pointed object.
Use a ladder for the installation on steep slopes or use even the more heavy variant 200gr. Also on very soft or unstable underground the 200gr. variant might be considered.
Make sure that the fabric is in close contact with the soil. Fix the mat carefully with U-shaped metal pins (minimum 20x20x20 cm), specific wooden pins (length pin 30cm - size washer 10x10cm) or dig the ends of the mat in the soil (minimum 15 cm deep). Frequency : 1 pin every running meter in both, length and width, direction. The overlap and central parts of the mat should be fixed as well.
The overlap should be 10% of the width of the mat or minimum 15cm. The metal pins should be installed in the length direction of the overlap. Take into account the dominant direction of the wind, when choosing the position of the overlap.
Make cross incisions to allow planting. Choose a “Y” incision above an “X” incision.
As Bioweedstop is UV-stable the mat should not be covered, installation of bark or mulch will stimulate the installation of airborne weeds.
After planting, close the mat carefully and fix the incision with one or if necessary more pins in order to minimize the open area around the plants. Alternatively a layer of (treated) bark or gravel can be used to close of the incisions. The use of mulch is disadvised as it stimulates the growth of airborne weeds.
for quality BioExtrem
Define the affected area
Define the affected area and measure and join rolls upon the requested number of sqm (take into account some extra metres - see step 5)
- Free the surface of all plants, start at the outside and work inwards
- Cut all harder plant elements to the ground level, collect them and crush them, put all crushed pieces in the ground, pad and cover carefully with BioExtrem
- Even small amounts or parts of the invasive/aggressive plants or the rhizomes that are spoiled around the infected area will lead to further propagation (control your way of cleaning up plant elements and even your working tools)
Take away stones or any sharp pointed object
If the underground consists of hard plant elements then the soil top layer should be tilled properly (up to a depth of 15cm);
remaining sharp elements that can penetrate the mat should be taken away
- Cover 100% the infested site with BioExtrem and exceed with minimum 2m – dig in all sides for 80cm and position them vertically; so in all directions you should add 2,8m before cutting. Do not cut corners before folding in.
- Or alternatively exceed the contaminated area with 3m in all directions (to be judged in spring/summer/autumn when the infected zone is clearly visible)
1/ Thermo seal – make sure the total length has been fully sealed together
- special Z-join: install 2 mats on each other > use pins + return the upper mat and cover the Z-join
- sew together with a double folded join
- Make sure there is good contact between ground and mat
- The mat should be covered with 15-20 cm of clean ground so the mat is kept to the ground
Saw grasses or weeds to minimize the risk of erosion of the stabilising soil layer
Annual follow-up for the next 3 years
Special roll dimensions for mechanical installation can be produced on demand. For example : rolls of 1.33 m x200 m