The group DS Textile Platform produces fibres and nonwovens in Belgium, France and Mexico.
In 2008 the development of bio fibres and needle punched nonwovens, based on the biopolymer PLA, was started. The bio fibres and biobased nonwovens are produced in Belgium with renewable energy (2 wind mills on site - 5,4 MW).
Other nonwovens are under development:
- Biononwoven for hydroponics
- Biononwoven for Japanese knotweed
- Biononwoven for printing packing
- Biononwoven for some kind of geotextiles (filtration, separation)
- Biononwoven for thermomolding